Makes: 1 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 slices soft white sandwich bread
- 3 thin deli slices American cheese (about 1 1/2 oz.)
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Spread 1 teaspoon butter onto one side of each bread slice.
- Place 1 bread slice buttered side down in the skillet. Top with the cheese and the second bread slice buttered side up. Cook for 2 minutes. Flip carefully using a wide metal spatula, then cook for 2 minutes more on the second side; the bread should be barely colored. Repeat, cooking for about 2 minutes more on each side, until golden. Cut in half and serve immediately.