The calendar says December, but you'll feel like you're in the tropics with this no-bake dessert.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 45 mins
- 1 1/4ouncepackage unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10 rectangles)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 8 ouncepackage cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4cup cream of coconut
- 1 mango, cut into small cubes
- 2 kiwis, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- In a glass measuring cup, sprinkle the gelatin into 1/2 cup cold water and let sit.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Mix in the butter. Transfer the mixture to a 10-inch deep-dish pie pan and press into the bottom and up the sides to form a crust. Freeze until firm.
- Microwave the softened gelatin until melted, 30 seconds.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a medium bowl and refrigerate. Add the cream cheese to the mixer bowl and beat at high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the condensed milk, cream of coconut and melted gelatin and beat at medium speed until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream. Transfer the pie filling to the chilled crust. Refrigerate, uncovered, for 3 hours. Top with the mango and kiwis.
- Stand the mango on the stem end. Cut off the round halves, keeping your knife parallel to the large, oval seed in the center.
- Cut a crosshatch pattern into each half with your knife, being careful not to cut all the way through the skin.
- Press on the skin side of the mango to "pop" out hte mango cubes, using a small knife to help remove them from the skin.