This spin on a classic Monte Cristo is a perfect Mom's Day treat.
Makes: 1 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 1 tablespoon apricot fruit spread
- 2 frozen multigrain waffles, lightly toasted
- 1 slice black forest ham
- 1 slice smoked turkey breast
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- Ask a GH (Grown-Up Helper) to preheat a panini press for you.
- Spread the apricot fruit spread on one side of each waffle and sandwich the ham, turkey and Swiss cheese in between. Coat the outside of each waffle with butter. Ask your GH to grill the sandwich in the panini press. Cook until the cheese is melted and the waffles are golden-brown, about 2 minutes. Cut into quarters and eat while still warm.
- Grill the sandwich in a skillet instead.