Hey, kids! Supersize your nachos with this easy, cheesy Tex-Mex recipe.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 4 6 inches flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for brushing
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken meat
- 1 cup mild taco sauce or salsa
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese or cheddar cheese
- 1 small heart romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 scallions, snipped with kitchen scissors or chopped
- 4 tablespoons sliced green olives with pimiento
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Brush the tortillas with a little EVOO and place on a baking sheet. transfer to the oven to crisp up, 5 minutes.
- Have a GH (Grown-Up Helper) heat the EVOO, one turn of the pan, in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and taco sauce and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Have the GH remove the hot baking sheet from the oven. Top each tortilla with 1/2 cup saucy chicken and lots of the cheese. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese melts, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place each giant chicken taco nacho on a plate and top with the lettuce, scallions and olives.