Hey, kids! Treat Mom to breakfast on her big day.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- A couple drops pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup raspberry or strawberry preserves
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 8 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla and set near the stove. In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and preserves; set aside.
- Ask a GH (grown-up helper) to warm the syrup in a small saucepan over low heat or in the microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over 4 bread slices. Top with the remaining 4 bread slices to make 4 sammies. Cut each sammy using a 4-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. Snack on the crusts.
- Have your GH melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dip the hearts in the egg mixture and, with the help of your GH, cook in the skillet, turning once with a spatula, until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Serve the hearts with the warm syrup.