This chili and cheese treat is a wrap.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound ground beef or turkey, or finely chopped tempeh
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (eyeball it)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 14 ounces refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 hot dogs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Ask a GH (grown-up helper) to heat the oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add the ground meat and the chili, onion And garlic powders and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, 6 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomato paste, then add 1/4 cup water to help loosen it up. Lower the heat and simmer until thick, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- On a work surface, roll out the pizza dough and stretch into a big rectangle. ask your GH to cut the dough lengthwise, then cut each half crosswise into 4 equal pieces. in the center of each rectangle, drop some chili and sprinkle with cheese. Set a hot dog on top and wrap the dough around it, sealing in the chili and cheese. The ends of each hot dog should peek out. Bake until golden, about 18 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.