We've got your next healthy dinner all wrapped up.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 35 mins
Grill: 15 mins
- 1 pound thin asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 cup couscous, preferably whole wheat
- 2 carrots, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dried mango or apricot
- Fill a medium skillet halfway with salted water; bring to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Drain in a colander; rinse with cold water. Toss with 2 teaspoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a grill to medium. Cut six 12-inch pieces of kitchen string. In a small bowl, stir together the jam, lemon juice and remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Pound each piece of chicken about 1/4 inch thick and season with salt and pepper; place skinned side down on a baking sheet. Divide the asparagus into 6 equal portions and place each portion crosswise in the center of a chicken cutlet. Roll up each cutlet and tie closed with the kitchen string. Brush the rollups with the jam mixture; season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the chicken rollups to the grill, cover and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring 1 1/4 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil. Stir in the couscous, carrots and mango, cover, turn off the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve with the chicken.
- Assemble the chicken up to 5 hours before grilling.