Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 8 ouncepackage soba noodles
- 1 32 ouncecontainer (4 cups) chicken broth
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 ounces cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2pound snow peas, halved
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2cup chopped cilantro
- Red chili paste, for serving
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring 2 cups water, the chicken broth and ginger to a boil. Stir in the soy sauce and lower the heat to low.
- Divide the chicken, snow peas and coleslaw among 4 large soup bowls. Add the noodles to the saucepan and heat through. Using tongs, divide the noodles among the soup bowls. Ladle the liquid into the bowls and top with the scallions and cilantro. Serve with the chili paste.
- Using buckwheat soba instead of typical noodles boosts protein.
- Fresh ginger makes a particularly tummy-soothing broth.
- This soup has broad appeal: Its just as tasty (and healthy) when made with shrimp or tofu.