For adults, spike the hot chocolate with a coffee liqueur, such as Kahlua.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 1 cup pure coconut water
- 1 ounce dark chocolate bar with almonds, broken into pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 32 mini marshmallows (about 1/2 cup)
- In a small, heavy saucepan, heat the coconut water and dark chocolate over medium heat. Sift in the cocoa, stirring, until the mixture comes to a simmer, about 5 minutes. Divide the hot chocolate among 4 mugs and top with the marshmallows.
- Get bold flavor and antioxidants by using dark chocolate.
- Replace added sugar with the natural sweetness of coconut water.
- Keep it creamy--without dairy--by using melted marshmallows.