Pattypans MIA? Cant find them at the store? No problem! Use sliced zucchini orsummer squash instead.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1 pound baby potatoes (2/3- to 3/4-inch diameter), halved
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4cup EVOO
- 4 boneless pork chops (1 inch thick), lightly pounded to a 3/4-inch thickness
- 1 pound small pattypan squash (1 1/2-inch diameter), trimmed and halved
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/4cup store-bought pesto
- In a large, heavy skillet, combine the potatoes with 1 inch water and a sprinkling of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer until the potatoes are just fork-tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Drain in a colander. Rinse and dry the skillet. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, halve them and set aside.
- In the reserved skillet, heat 2 tbsp. EVOO over medium-high heat. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Add to the skillet and cook, turning once or twice, until golden brown and not quite firm to the touch, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer the pork to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- With the skillet over medium heat, add 1/4 cup water and scrape up the browned bits on the bottom and sides of the pan. Add the squash, snap peas, potatoes and the remaining 2 tbsp. EVOO. Cook, stirring, until the squash is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the pesto and season with salt and pepper. Serve with the pork chops.