This recipe takes only five ingredients to make!
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1 5 ounce bag seasoned croutons (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 14 1/2 ounce cans beef broth
- 2 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 4 thick slices Swiss cheese
- In a deep skillet, heat 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent and softened, about 15 minutes. Add the wine and bring to a boil. Pour in the beef broth, lower the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes; season with pepper.
- Preheat the broiler. Divide the soup among 4 ovenproof bowls, then top each with one-quarter of the croutons and a slice of cheese. Set the bowls on a rimmed baking sheet and broil until the cheese is bubbly and golden, about 1 minute.