Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks, washed and chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 14 1/2 ounce cans chicken broth
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the leeks and yellow squash and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Add the cream and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and, using a blender, puree the mixture in 2 batches, adding one can of chicken broth to each batch. Stir the batches together and refrigerate until chilled.
- Cut off the root end and the tough green top.
- Halve the white part lengthwise
- Soak the stalks in cold water for 10 minutes, then rinse to remove the grit.