Start things right.Leave a few open bottlesof wine or champagneora tray of these SparklingBourbon Cocktailson atable in the main minglingarea. A help-yourself barimmediately sets the vibe:no fussy formalities here!
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice berries
- 1/8teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 24 ouncebottle nonalcoholic sparkling apple cider, chilled
- 6 thin strips lemon peel, plus 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- In a large glass measuring cup, combine the bourbon, cinnamon stick, allspice and nutmeg; let stand overnight or for up to 24 hours.
- Strain out the spices and discard. Stir in the cider and lemon juice. Divide among 6 glasses. Garnish with the lemon peel.