Put a twist on an old-fashioned tea party: Serve this drink on ice.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 1/4 cup Ceylon or Earl Grey black tea leaves
- 4 - 5 green cardamom pods
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water and the sugar to a boil, stirring occasionally. Lower the heat and simmer until clear, about 5 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, then stir in the rose water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in another small saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil, remove from the heat and stir in the tea leaves and cardamom pods. Cover and let steep for 5 minutes. Stir again, then strain through a fine sieve.
- In a large pitcher, combine the strained tea with 2 cups cold water. Serve over ice and sweeten with 1 to 2 tablespoons rose water syrup.
- Garnish the tea with fresh mint leaves.