It's berry time! Welcome the season with a recipe that transforms this juicy fruit from a simple snack into a satisfying drink.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 5 mins
- 2 cups vodka, chilled
- 1 1/2pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 750 milliliterbottle sparkling wine, chilled
- 6 sugar cubes
- In a large bowl, stir together the vodka, two-thirds of the sliced strawberries and the granulated sugar. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until the vodka turns pink, about 6 hours. Refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days.
- Strain the vodka and divide among 6 tall glasses. Add a splash of limoncello to each glass and top off with the sparkling wine. Drop in a sugar cube and garnish with the remaining strawberry slices.