To what do we owe the pleasure of this jewel-toned punch? Its tongue-teasing tang comes from kumquats and pomegranates.
Makes: 10 servings
- 5 cups kumquats, sliced
- 1 1/4cups superfine sugar
- 3 1/2cups orange-flavored vodka
- 5 cups store-bought pomegranate juice
- Seeds of 2 pomegranates
- Ice, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the kumquats and sugar; let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in the vodka and let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour or refrigerate up to overnight.
- In a large pitcher, stir together the vodka mixture, pomegranate juice and pomegranate seeds. Serve over ice.