Serve this fruity mocktail to the underage set, or enjoy it yourself.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
- 24 ounces frozen pitted cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 cups seltzer
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1 quart vanilla or cherry-vanilla ice cream
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- In a blender, puree the cherries, sugar and lime juice; strain into a pitcher and add the seltzer. Using an electric mixer, whip together the cream and confectioners sugar until soft peaks form.
- Scoop the ice cream into small glasses. Pour the homemade cherry soda over to fill, and top with a dollop of whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.