Sunday's calling and it wants its supper back. Serve the family's favorite comfort foods—minus hours of labor—and get a head start on quality time.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Slow Cook: 6 hrs
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 14 1/2ouncecan diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 12 ouncejar roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2pounds ground dark meat turkey
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, celery and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, 7 minutes. Transfer 1 1/3 cups of the onion mixture to a large bowl; let cool. Reserve the skillet.
- Using a food processor, puree the tomatoes and roasted peppers. Add the puree to the skillet and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in the paprika and season with salt and pepper; transfer to a large slow cooker, cover and set to low temperature.
- Whisk the bread crumbs, egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper into the remaining onion mixture. Mix in the turkey. Form 1 1/2-inch meatballs. Add the meatballs to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
- Serve with spaghetti.