Makes: 2 servings
Prep: 20 mins
- 3 1/2 ounces roast turkey, from the deli counter, finely diced (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons fresh corn kernels or thawed frozen corn
- 1 small ripe tomato, finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce or hot sauce, to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup plain reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 flat corn tostada shells, such as Bearitos brand
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, black beans, corn, tomato, lime juice, chipotle sauce and cheese. Pack the turkey mixture, sour cream, tostadas, lettuce and chives separately until ready to use. To serve, spread some sour cream on each tostada. Top each tostada with some of the turkey mixture, lettuce and chives.
Tip Make it your own
- Substitute cooked ground beef or shredded chicken for the turkey.