The acid in the lime juice subtly "cooks" the fish in this tangy South American specialty.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 45 mins
- 2 pounds sushi-grade tuna, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped, plus a few leaves for garnish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 scallions, green part only, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the cilantro garnish and chill for 30 minutes. Salt to taste and garnish with cilantro leaves.