With a cast-iron skillet, you can take pizza to the next level. In fact, you may never dial for delivery again.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 30 mins
- Skillet Pizza Dough
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 1/4 cups grape tomatoes, quartered
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 ounces cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- Press the pizza dough into a greased 9- to 10-inch cast-iron skillet and let rise until doubled in size, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . In a medium nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, season with salt and black pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more. Remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes; discard the garlic.
- Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over the dough; spoon the tomato mixture on top, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Bake until golden and bubbly, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese, crushed red pepper and oregano on top and bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 20 minutes before serving.
- Dry cast-iron skillets completely after washing to prevent rusting.