Couscous steams right along with the fish in this delicious one-dish meal.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1 10 ounce box couscous
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice plus 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 8 ounces tilapia fillets
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a large bowl, combine the couscous, almonds, sun-dried tomatoes and cumin and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the 1/4 cup olive oil and the lemon juice.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange the tilapia fillets in a single layer in the dish, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cover the fish with the couscous mixture and arrange the lemon slices on top. Pour 21/2 cups water around the fish, cover with foil and bake until tender, about 25 minutes. Top with the parsley.
- Columbia Crest Two Vines Sauvignon Blanc 2004 (Washington State)
- Substitute any thin, delicate white fish, such as red snapper or sole, for the tilapia.