Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 8 chicken breast cutlets (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 pound deli-sliced provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees . Cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil and grease the foil.
- Place the beaten eggs and bread crumbs into separate shallow bowls. In another bowl, mix the ricotta and sun-dried tomatoes. Dip the chicken cutlets into the egg, then coat with the bread crumbs and place on a work surface. Place a slice of provolone and a heaping tablespoon of ricotta mixture on each cutlet. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place the chicken roll-ups side by side on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake until the chicken is golden and the cheese is bubbling, about 20 minutes.
- Lindemans Bin 65 Chardonnay 2006 (Australia)
- Serve pasta tossed with garlic and parsley alongside the chicken.