Trick out tilapia with crispy pancetta and sage; slather flounder with a lime-chipotle butter. Or try this gussied-up brook trout recipe.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 1/4cup almonds, toasted
- 3 cups cubed Italian bread
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4cup dried currants
- 1/4cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Salt and pepper
- 4 brook trout, heads removed and deboned
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . Using a food processor, chop the almonds; transfer to a bowl. Add the bread to the food processor and process into coarse crumbs; combine with the almonds.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir into the bread mixture, along with the currants, parsley and lemon peel; season with salt and pepper.
- Working on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet, open the trout like a book and season with salt and pepper. Divide the stuffing among the trout and fold to enclose. Bake until the fish is opaque at the thickest part, about 15 minutes.