Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the broccoli until bright green, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a colander, reserving the water in the pot. Add the pasta to the pot and cook until al dente; drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat a 14-inch, flat-bottomed wok over high heat until a bead of water vaporizes upon contact. Swirl in 1 tablespoon oil. Add the onion and, using a metal spatula, stir-fry until it is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Swirl in the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add the broccoli and carrots and stir-fry until the carrots begin to wilt, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute. Swirl in the cream, bring to a boil and remove from the heat. Stir in the parmesan and basil.
- Add the pasta and the reserved cooking water to the wok and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.