Cook one meal now and freeze two meals for later.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 2 13 1/2ouncecan coconut milk
- 1 14 1/2ouncecan chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons hot chili sauce
- 2 2 poundbag frozen, raw shrimp (31 to 40 per pound), thawed and tails removed
- 1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2pounds spaghetti
- In a large, deep skillet, bring the coconut milk and chicken broth to a simmer over medium heat. Stir in the fish sauce, garlic, ginger, chili sauce and lime juice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook until just opaque, about 4 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and remove from the heat. Transfer two-thirds of the shrimp mixture to a bowl; let cool.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the spaghetti until al dente; drain. Using tongs, transfer one-third of the pasta to the skillet of shrimp.
- Cook one meal now: Toss the pasta with the shrimp mixture and simmer until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Freeze two meals for later: Divide the remaining shrimp mixture between 2 resealable 1-gallon freezer bags; seal. Divide the remaining spaghetti between 2 more freezer bags; let cool, then seal. Label each and freeze. THAW 1 bag each of the shrimp mixture and pasta per meal in the refrigerator overnight. Cook as directed in Step 4.