Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 35 mins
- 2/3 pound kielbasa, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups (about 7 ounces) store-bought coleslaw mix
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- In a large pot, cook the kielbasa and onion over medium heat until the onion is tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the mustard and vinegar, then add the chicken broth, potatoes and coleslaw mix; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Serve with the bread.
- Top the stew with sour cream. Stretch leftovers by stirring in takeout rice or cooked pasta.
- Thierry Puzelat Touraine KO In Cot We Trust 2007 (France)