Depending on your preference, try this recipe on a grill or grill pan, under a broiler, or even slow-cooked over a cedar plank outdoors. Randy Hartnell, fisherman and president of vitalchoice.com, also suggests playing around with your favorite seasonings to make your own personal marinade.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 7 mins
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, chopped
- 4 6 ounces salmon fillets
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, the lemon pepper, dill, fennel seeds and 1 teaspoon salt. Add to a resealable plastic bag along with the salmon, shaking the bag to coat the salmon. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the salmon, skin side down, and cook, undisturbed, for 5 to 7 minutes for medium-rare.
- For an Asian twist, try grated ginger, chopped garlic, soy sauce and brown sugar in your marinade.