Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- 4 3/4-inch-thick skin-on salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . In a small saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil. Stir in the couscous; cover, remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drizzle olive oil into a rimmed baking sheet or dish; arrange the salmon skin side down in a single layer. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 8 minutes for medium-rare.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini in an even layer across the pan; season with pepper. Cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 6 minutes. Lower the heat to medium and sprinkle in half of the parmesan, then flip the zucchini and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork, then stir in the almonds and the remaining 3 tablespoons parsley. Serve with the salmon, zucchini and lemon wedges.
- Fish is a healthful protein that cooks quickly at high heat.