Comedic icon Joan Rivers cozies up with a bowl of her cheesy pasta and prosciutto.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 2 ounces prosciutto, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Salt and pepper
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium. Add the pasta and toss.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in 1 cup cheese and the prosciutto. Season with salt and pepper; toss. Top with more cheese.
- Drizzle the pasta with truffle oil for a special touch.