Spicy, chewy Spanish chorizo gets its color from the dried smoked red peppers known as pimentón.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces chorizo, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1/2cups long-grain white rice
- 1 1/2cups red salsa
- 2 cups thawed frozen corn
- 1 15 ouncecan sliced large black olives
- 1/2cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a heavy medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add the rice and stir for 1 minute to coat. Stir in 1-1/2 cups water and the salsa and bring to a boil, stirring once or twice. Cover the pot and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Fluff the rice and stir in the corn. Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the olives and cilantro.
- Marques de Riscal Rioja Reserva 2001 (Spain)
- Use your favorite frozen veggie mix in place of the corn.