Serve with blanched broccoli rabe.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons distilled vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 granny smith applecored, quartered and shredded
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1-inch-thick boneless pork chops (about 2 pounds), split horizontally
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. Add the carrots, apple, parsley and raisins; toss. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season the pork with salt and pepper, coat lightly with flour, add to the skillet and cook until browned, about 4 minutes on each side. Serve with the apple slaw.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper to the dressing.