Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 50 mins
- 1 3 1/2 - 4 pound chickenquartered, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 1/2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 5 yellow-fleshed potatoes, such as yukon gold, each cut into 4 wedges
- 4 thin carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 4 thin parsnips, peeled and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 10 thyme sprigs
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees . Place the chicken in a large roasting pan, rub with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the potatoes, carrots and parsnips with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the vegetables around the chicken and scatter 8 thyme sprigs on top. Roast until the vegetables are tender and the chicken juices run clear when a leg is pricked, about 40 minutes. Pick the leaves from the remaining 2 thyme sprigs and sprinkle on top.
- Irony Chardonnay 2006 (California)
- Roast your favorite vegetables with the chicken.