Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1/2 pound penne pasta
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 10 ounce bag frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 7 ounce package tuna, drained
- Grated peel of 1 lemon, plus 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the bread crumbs and toast, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet, add the garlic and the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil and cook over medium heat until golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the reserved pasta water and bring to a simmer. Stir in the green beans and cannellini beans and cook until tender.
- Add the pasta, tuna and lemon peel to the skillet and toss. Season with salt and pepper and top with the toasted crumbs. Serve with the lemon wedges.
- Herding Cats Chardonnay-Viognier 2006 (South Africa)
- Use a drained 14.5-ounce can of diced tomatoes instead of the grape tomatoes.