Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1/4cup frozen pina colada mix, thawed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 32 cubes fresh pineapple (about 1 lb.)
- 24 cubes (1-inch) skinless mahi mahi (about 1 1/4 lbs.)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 12 squares
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 12 squares
- 1 small sweet onion, cut into eighths
- 8 maraschino cherries
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat a two-burner grill pan over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, combine the pina colada mix and soy sauce. Thread the pineapple, mahi mahi, bell peppers and onion onto eight 12-inch skewers; place a cherry at the tip of each. Brush the kebabs with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the kebabs on the grill pan, pressing to mark, and cook, turning occasionally and brushing with two-thirds of the pina colada-soy mixture during the last 2 minutes, until the fish is well marked and opaque in the center, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a platter and baste with the remaining pina colada-soy mixture.