Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 35 mins
- 1/2 cup pulp free orange juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup roasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup panko
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 ounces cod fillets, patted dry
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a saucepan, bring the orange juice, wine and shallot to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until reduced, 10 to 12 minutes. Lower the heat and whisk in 6 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time; season with salt and pepper.
- Using a food processor, pulse the macadamia nuts with 1/4 cup panko until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a wide, shallow bowl and stir in the remaining 1/2 cup panko. Put the beaten eggs in a separate wide, shallow bowl. Season the fish with salt and pepper, dip in the egg and coat with the panko mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until the butter is melted. Add 2 fillets and cook, turning once, until golden-brown, about 8 minutes. Repeat with the remaining butter, oil and fillets. Divide the fish among 4 plates and drizzle with the sauce.
- Dont have wine on hand? Bump up the orange juice to 3/4 cup or substitute lemon juice instead.