For a super sammy, roll up the lambmixture in the naan or stuff it intopita pockets.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 8 pieces naan bread (2 to 3 oz. each), warmed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 2 tablespoons Indian curry paste
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 pound ground lamb
- Salt and pepper
- 7 ounces whole-milk plain Greek yogurt
- 1 bag (1 lb.) frozen petite peas, thawed
- Wrap the naan in foil and warm in a 250 degrees oven. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Add the scallion whites, curry paste and ginger and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Crumble the lamb into the pan, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Stir in the yogurt and peas and gently simmer until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Stir in half of the scallion greens. Top with the remaining scallion greens and serve with the warm naan.
- Add it to sour cream for a dipping sauce, to mayo for an egg salad or to bottled vinaigrette for tossed greens.