Serve with a mixed greens salad.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Bake: 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2pound halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese (about 4 ounces)
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 500 degrees . In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the kielbasa and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes; transfer to a medium bowl. Add the onions and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Lower the heat to medium-low, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the kielbasa and thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Stretch the pizza dough to fit a greased 11-by-18-inch rimmed baking sheet. Arrange the kielbasa mixture evenly on top and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake until the crust is golden-brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use any smoked or precooked meat in place of the kielbasa.