New to marinating? As a general rule, small pieces of meat and poultry should soak for no more than 2 hours; and whole chicken for no longer than overnight.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- Juice and zest of 1 large lemon (3 tablespoons juice)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/2teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin on (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Line a baking sheet with foil. In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and zest, honey, garlic, cumin, oregano and 1/2 cup of the olive oil. Place the chicken breasts in a glass dish that holds them snugly in a single layer and add the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator, turning over the chicken occasionally.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Pat the chicken dry, season with salt and pepper and place, skin side down, in the skillet. Cook until the skin is browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken, skin side up, to the prepared baking sheet. Bake until cooked through and the juices run clear, about 20 minutes.
- Bodegas Cerrosol Verdejo Rueda 2004 (Spain)