With a cast-iron skillet, you can take pizza to the next level. In fact, you may never dial for delivery again.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 30 mins
- 1/2pound whole wheat Skillet Pizza Dough
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup cottage cheese
- 1/4cup sour cream
- 2 ounces thinly sliced French ham, such as jambon royale, torn into strips
- 3/4cup shredded gruyere cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Press the pizza dough into a greased 9- to 10-inch cast-iron skillet and let rise until doubled in size, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Brush the dough with the olive oil. Using a food processor, puree the cottage cheese, sour cream and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Spread over the crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Arrange the ham on top, then sprinkle with the gruyere and onion. Bake until golden-brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the thyme and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.