Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 8 ears corn, husked
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Brush the corn with 1/4 cup olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, the garlic, paprika, cayenne and 1/4 teaspoon salt; add the shrimp and toss.
- Add the shrimp and corn to the grill and cover. Grill the shrimp, turning once, until opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Grill the corn, turning occasionally, until lightly charred, about 7 minutes.
- Spread the mayonnaise on the corn and sprinkle with the parmesan and a little cayenne. Serve immediately with the shrimp and lime wedges.
- St. Francis Sonoma County Chardonnay 2006 (California), Fleur du Cap Chardonnay 2007 (South Africa)
- Sprinkle thick bread slices with the cheese topping and broil for quick Texas-style toast.