Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas, halved
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound pork loin, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 onions, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges each
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup plain greek-style yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1/2 english cucumber, grated
- Preheat a grill to medium- high. Brush the tortillas with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toast on the grill until browned, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the pork and onions with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and season with the oregano, salt and pepper; thread onto 4 skewers.
- Meanwhile, on a cutting board and using the flat side of a knife, mash the garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt into a paste. Transfer to a small bowl and whisk in the yogurt, mint, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Press the cucumber in a sieve to remove excess liquid, then stir the cucumber into the yogurt mixture.
- Grill the skewers, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve with the tzatziki and tortillas.
- Season the tortillas with dried oregano after brushing with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add boiled new potatoes, cherry tomatoes or zucchini chunks to the skewers before grilling.
- Use any leftover tzatziki as a burger condiment.