As a marinade, peaches sweeten grilled meats, including pork chopsanother summer favorite that cooks in just minutes on the grill.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 5 peaches, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 center-cut pork chops (about 3/4 inch thick
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 serrano chile, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Using a food processor, puree 4 peach halves, the honey, olive oil and lemon juice. Transfer to a 9-inch square glass baking dish and add the pork chops, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Finely chop the remaining 6 peach halves and place in a medium bowl. Stir in the avocado, onion, chile, parsley, 3/4 teaspoon salt and the sugar.
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade and season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, turning once, over indirect heat until just firm to the touch, about 10 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving with the salsa.
- For less heat, swap a seeded jalapeno chile for the serrano.