Serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Grill: 15 mins
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed
- 3/4pound white mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper, quartered
- 1 onion, thickly sliced crosswise
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 taco shells
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. On a large baking sheet, arrange the steak, mushrooms, bell pepper and onion; brush with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Thread the mushrooms onto a skewer.
- Grill the steak and vegetables, turning once, until the steak is well-crusted and the vegetables are charred and softened, about 12 minutes; transfer to a large plate and let stand until the vegetables are cool enough to handle.
- Thinly slice the steak and vegetables separately and transfer the vegetables to a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Divide the steak among the taco shells, top with the grilled vegetables and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Reheat the tacos for 5 minutes on a baking sheet set on a closed grill.