Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Grill: 20 mins
- 1/4 head green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- Juice of 2 lemons (about 1/2 cup)
- Salt and pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 4 scallions
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 chicken cutlets (about 1 pound)
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- Sour cream, for serving
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. In a bowl, toss the cabbage with half of the lemon juice and season with 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Microwave the bacon on a paper towel- lined plate on high heat until crisp, about 4 minutes; crumble.
- Grill the tortillas, turning once, until lightly charred, about 3 minutes; wrap in a kitchen towel to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss the scallions with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning, until slightly charred, 3 to 5 minutes. Using the same bowl, toss the chicken with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing along with the scallions.
- In a small bowl, add the remaining lemon juice and slowly whisk in the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the sliced scallions and the apple. Divide the chicken among the tortillas and top with the vinaigrette and bacon. Serve with the sour cream and slaw.
- Prep the apple just before using to prevent it from turning brown.
- Marinate a seeded and finely chopped jalapeno in the lemon juice to add a kick to the slaw and dressing.
- Skip the small tortillas and fill large wraps with the chicken, bacon, dressing and slaw.