Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 5 cloves garlic, 3 smashed and 2 chopped
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, pounded 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2cup tomato sauce
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 15 ouncecan black beans, rinsed
- 3 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 2 mangoes, finely chopped
- 2 4 ouncecans fire-roasted chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons lime juice, the smashed garlic and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Add the chicken and let marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes. In a grill pan or skillet, cook the chicken over medium-high heat until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes; let cool slightly and shred. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat, add the rice and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth, tomato sauce, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt and the chopped garlic. Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer until the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Place each tortilla on a sheet of foil and top with the rice, beans, reserved chicken and cheese. Wrap the burritos snugly in the foil and heat for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a medium, nonreactive bowl, combine the mango, chiles, cilantro and remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice; let sit for 15 minutes (or refrigerate overnight). Serve the salsa over the chicken burritos.
- Double the mango salsa and serve with chips.
- Stand the mango on the stem end. Cut off the round halves, keeping your knife parallel to the large, oval seed in the center.
- Cut a crosshatch pattern into each half with your knife, being careful not to cut all the way through the skin.
- Press on the skin side of the mango to "pop" out hte mango cubes, using a small knife to help remove them from the skin.