Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 45 mins
- 8 ounces (about 3/4 cup) soft goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2cups plain bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2sticks (6 ounces) butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, rosemary and lemon peel; set aside. Using a small sharp knife, cut into the side of each chicken breast half to create a pocket. Stuff each chicken breast with about 1 1/2 tablespoons goat cheese mixture and secure with a toothpick.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and set aside. Place the bread crumbs in another shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add half the melted butter to the bread crumbs and combine. Keep the remaining butter warm for basting.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil. Dip each stuffed chicken breast in the egg and then in the bread crumbs to coat; set on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 45 minutes, drizzling with the remaining butter every 15 minutes.
- Double the goat cheese mixture and spread on toasted baguette slices.