Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Bake: 20 mins
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 15 1/2 ounce cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 12 6 inches corn tortillas
- 2 cups store-bought salsa verde
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until just golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in the beans and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the chicken broth. Season with salt and cook, mashing the beans, until softened, 7 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with paper towels. In a small skillet, heat the remaining 1/2 cup oil. Fry each corn tortilla for 3 seconds on each side, then transfer to the prepared baking sheet to drain.
- Place about 1/4 cup mashed beans on 1 tortilla and roll up to enclose; transfer to an oiled 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Repeat with the remaining beans and tortillas.
- Pour the salsa over the filled tortillas. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake until the cheese is melted and the salsa is bubbling, about 20 minutes.
- The Little Penguin Pinot Grigio 2006 (Australia)
- Prepare the dish up to the baking step, wrap tightly and freeze.