Its a wrap! These juicy slices of grilledsteak get bundled up with fresh corn salsain warmed tortillas.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Grill: 15 mins
- 1 pound skirt steak, halved crosswise
- Salt and pepper
- 4 small cloves garlic, lightly smashed but still whole
- 2 tablespoons EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- 1 pkg. (7.5 oz.) corn tortillas
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 2 avocados, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 small bunch radishes (about 8), thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Rub all over with the garlic and drizzle with EVOO. Let sit for 15 minutes at room temperature. (Discard the garlic.)
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Wrap the tortillas in foil and place over indirect heat until warm, about 10 minutes. Oil the grill grate and grill the corn, covered and turning occasionally, until blistered, about 5 minutes. When cool enough to handle, slice off the kernels and transfer to a salad bowl.
- Grill the steak, turning halfway through, for about 5 minutes for medium-rare. Let the meat rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Add the avocados, radishes and onion to the corn. In a small cup, whisk together 2 tbsp. EVOO, the lime zest and 3 tbsp. lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Add to the salad and toss. Serve with the steak and tortillas for wrapping.
- Buy radishes with tops. If the greens look fresh, the radishes are, too.