So nice we had to stuff it twice! You'll never have to choose between Chicken Parm and Stuffed Shells again.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Bake: 50 mins
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 8- to 10-ounce chicken breasts
- 3 cups store-bought marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta for 4 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a bowl and add the mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan and 1/4 cup parsley; season with salt.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs. Place the breadcrumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Stuff the pasta-cheese mixture under the skin of each chicken breast. Dip the stuffed chicken breasts in the eggs, roll in the breadcrumbs, then place skin side up on the prepared pan. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the breast registers 165 degrees , about 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat the marinara sauce. Serve each breast on a bed of sauce, topped with 1 tablespoon parsley.